Prep time1Cook time Total time
- 4 cups of riced cauliflower (about 1 large head of cauliflower)
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups of mozzarella cheese (I used a Tex Mex blend because that’s all I had)
- 3 tsp oregano
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 to 2 cups mozzarella cheese (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 425 F degrees. Prepare 2 pizza dishes or a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make sure your cauliflower is roughly chopped in florets. Add the florets to your food processor and pulse until cauliflower resembles rice.
- Place the cauliflower in a microwavable container and cover with lid. Microwave for 10 minutes. Place the microwaved cauliflower in a large bowl and add the 4 eggs, 2 cups of mozzarella,oregano, garlic and salt and pepper. Mix everything together.
- Separate the mixture in half and place each half onto the prepared baking sheets and shape into either a pizza crust, or a rectangular shape for the breadsticks.
- Bake the crust (no topping yet) for about 25 minutes or until nice and golden. Don’t be afraid the crust is not soggy at all. Once golden, sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese and put back in the oven for another 5 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Slice and serve.
If you do not have a microwave, I’d recommend cooking the cauliflower first either in your oven or on the stovetop and then ricing it. Easiest would be to steam it and then ricing it.
Nutritional information based on 1 cup mozzarella cheese for topping. CalorieCount is used for determining nutritional information.
The crust can be frozen, already baked, and just thaw it out on the counter or microwave. Or add the cheese and place it back in the oven and bake it for a few minutes until the cheese melts and browns.
Recipe adapted from Mom, What’s for Dinner?Nutrition InformationServing size: 99g Calories: 164 Fat: 9.8g Saturated fat: 5.2g Unsaturated fat: 0.0g Trans fat: 0.0g Carbohydrates: 4.3g Sugar: 1.0g Sodium: 296mg Fiber: 1.1g Protein: 15.6g Cholesterol: 104mg