Cauliflower Buffalo Bites
Author: The Lean Clean Eating Machine
A vegan approved, healthy take on hot wings.
- 1 head cauliflower; chopped into bite size piece
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- ½ cup water
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Pinch of granulated garlic powder
- Non-stick spray
- 1 tsp. Earth Balance butter substitute; melted
- ½ cup Frank’s Red Hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- In a small bowl, combine brown rice flour, water, garlic powder and salt. Mix thoroughly with a whisk.
- Dip cauliflower pieces in the batter until coated evenly, then place on a lightly greased, non-stick baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until the batter hardens, then flip with a spatula and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Whisk together Frank’s Red Hot sauce and Earth Balance butter substitute in a small bowl.
- When the cauliflower is finished, take a plastic pastry brush and evenly brush each piece with the hot sauce mixture.
- Bake coated cauliflower for an additional 8-10 minutes, or until cauliflower is crispy, and sauce looks absorbed.
- Remove from oven.
- Let cauliflower bites set out for at least 20 minutes before serving.