- 8 ounces (about 30) jumbo pasta shells
- 1 (15-ounce) can lentils, drained
- 1 1/2 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 (16-ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 (25-ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella chees
Cook shells in salted boiling water until just barely tender, about 12 minutes. Drain and cool under cold running water. Drain again.
Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, combine lentils, ricotta cheese and spinach.
Spread half of the marinara sauce over the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish. Spoon a heaping tablespoon of filling into each shell and place them open side up in the dish; fit them together snugly, and you should be able to get them all in a single layer. Pour remaining marinara evenly over the top, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and bake until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling, 30 to 35 minutes.